Research Services provides division-level research administration support and expertise to CHLA researchers throughout the project life cycle from proposal preparation through award close out on awards. Research Services collaborates with the principal investigator (PI), his/her division administrators, and the sponsoring agency to provide administrative support to facilitate faculty pursuit of extramural funding and to ensure appropriate management of successful awards.
How We Support
The Research Services team provides a wide range of support on both the Pre-Award and Post-Award side. Below, please find specific information on what support is provided.
Please find below the list of Pre-Award services the Research Services team provides. Assist PI with application development
- Assist PI with technical form completion
- Help develop budgets
- Work with subsites on proposal preparation
- Prepare IDC Waiver and Cost Share requests
- Just In Time (JIT) preparation
- Prepare Request for Advance Spending (RAS)
- Assist PI with Progress Report/RPPR
Post-Award and Research Finance Administration
Please find below the list of Post-Award services the Research Services team provides.
- Monthly financial reports of projects prepared for PIs
- Quarterly reconciliation of projects
- Quarterly portfolio review with PI
- Financial reporting
- Journal processing
- Closeout reconciliation
- MediTract submission for research projects
Who We Support
The Research Services team supports the divisions/departments below. Please contact the central Research Services team mailbox at ResearchServices@chla.usc.edu for additional information.
- Academic Affairs
- Adolescent Medicine
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Clinical Education and Professional Development
- Community Affairs
- CS Financial Services
- Department Chair, Pediatrics
- Developmental Biology
- Expressive Arts and Therapies
- Gastroenterology & Nutrition
- Hospital Operations
- INIR (Institute for Nursing and Interprofessional Research)
- Medical Genetics
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pharmacy Administration
- Physical Medicine/Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Research Operations
- Surgery Research
Memorandum of Understanding
The Research Services Memorandum of Understanding was developed to represent the operational commitment between Research Services and divisional personnel who play a role the pre-award and post-award processes. Our success depends on the cooperative effort between Research Services, the PI, and division administrators.
Please review the Research Services Memorandum of Understanding presented to provide optimal client customer service and clarify of the roles and responsibilities of each party.
For more information about Research Services Support, please contact Lilit Amirkhanyan, Manager, Grants & Research Services at email@example.com.