Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Each year hundreds of compassionate individuals from our community volunteer throughout all areas of the hospital.
Our volunteers provide special services to our patients and families that contribute daily to our mission to create hope and build healthier futures.
Many of our volunteers work directly with patients through a variety of opportunities such as:
- Escorting patients to hospital appointments
- Playing with patients in waiting rooms
- Assisting in hospital playrooms and sometimes at the bedside (will require additional training)
- Reading to children (will require additional training)
Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age to work directly with patients
- For High School Volunteer Prospects (15-17 years of age), please visit our High School Summer Volunteer Program for more information.
- In good physical and mental health
- Able to communicate well in English and receive all instructions in English
From our volunteers, we require a minimum of:
- Two year commitment consisting of a minimum of 100 service hours per year.
- A commitment of at least two (4 hour) shifts per month
- Most volunteers commit to a weekly shift: Monday-Friday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and to be finished by 4:30 p.m.