Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Children's Hospital Los Angeles is ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for gastroenterology and GI care on the U.S. News & World Report Best Children's Hospitals List. Our physicians use the latest diagnostic techniques and technology to provide care for thousands of children each year taking a comprehensive approach to caring for patients with gastrointestinal, liver and nutritional disorders.
We provide multi-disciplinary and endoscopy care for all pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition-related needs. These include but are not limited to:
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Aerodigestive disorders
- Allergic enteropathy including eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders
- Celiac disease and gluten sensitivity
- Colorectal and Pelvic Anomalies Program
- Fecal microbial transplant
- Infusion Center
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intestinal rehabilitation
- Liver disease care including liver transplant
- Neurogastroenterology and GI Motility disorders
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) Program
- Nutrition support service
- Obesity related fatty liver disease (NASH)
The gastroenterology team at Children's Hospital Los Angeles prides itself as an academic leader and is involved with clinical, translational and basic science research projects focused on pediatric gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
The Division has numerous research initiatives sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, industry or philanthropic foundations.