Children’s Hospital Los Angeles offers a full complement of pharmacy services to meet the needs of our patients and families, as well as the clinicians providing care at our award-winning medical center.
Filling Your Child’s Prescription
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles partners with Walgreens to provide your family access to a pharmacy on site. Located in the Outpatient Tower, near the majority of our clinics, this pharmacy offers a convenient location for filling a prescription or picking up over-the-counter medications.
Outpatient pharmacy services from CHLA Specialty Pharmacy will be modified for the coming two weeks.
CHLA Specialty Pharmacy will be open 9AM-5PM (instead of 7AM-7PM) on the observed holidays, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. CHLA Specialty Pharmacy will be closed on both Saturdays, 12/25 and 1/1, in observance of the holidays.
Services for Admitted Patients
Our hospital’s integrated network of inpatient pharmacies serve as a concierge for clinicians providing care. In each of our inpatient units, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians work alongside doctors and nurses, distributing medication for patients, rounding daily with the care teams, monitoring patient profiles and providing pharmacy consultations.
In addition, when requested, our pharmacists also provide drug information and medication consultations for patients and families on the units.
The staff at our central pharmacy and satellite pharmacies, located in key places throughout the Marion and John E. Anderson Pavilion, provide many services that our clinicians rely on, including:
- Preparing sterile intravenous medications and fluids
- Compounding and dispensing oral medications
- Providing specialized pharmacy services for specific procedures or advanced care protocols
- Supporting clinical trials research by ensuring that storage, security, packaging, labeling and inventory maintenance of investigational drugs comply with federal, state and institutional standards
- Providing a Tdap vaccination service for our patients’ families prior to a child’s discharge