Virtual Visits at Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Before Your Visit
How To Connect: If you are a member of the MyChildren’sLA Patient Portal, you have two ways to have your visit.
- You can access the portal using the ChildrensLA mobile app.
- You can go to MyChildren’sLA Patient Portal page and log into the portal.
Not a portal member yet? You will access your visit through text message or email invite sent to your preferred contact method. Around the time of your appointment, you will receive a text message or an email from email@example.com to join the visit. The invitation will include a link to connect to your child's provider.
Test Your Device: Test your computer, tablet or mobile phone ahead of time if possible and download/install any updates on your device. The easiest way to do this is to conduct a Tech Check:
- Tech Check: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (avizia.com).
- If you have any technical issues, call 877-926-1131.
If you are worried about your device, you can download the AW Touchpoint app to use for your visit, but it is not required.
At Your Visit
Please plan to connect to your visit 10-15 minutes before your appointment time with the patient present.
If your provider is running late, please stay on and do not leave the visit.
Tips for a Successful Visit
1. Choose a device with a strong internet connection.
- You can have your visit using a smartphone or tablet device. You also can use a laptop or desktop computer.
- It’s important you have a strong wireless (Wi-Fi) or cellular connection to support video and audio.
- Make sure your device is charged or plugged into a power source, and that you have installed any updates on your device.
2. Choose a space to have your visit.
- Choose a quiet, private location for the virtual visit.
- If the patient is under 18 years old, a parent, guardian or caregiver must attend the appointment.
- Before starting the virtual visit, turn on overhead lights and block out window light.
- Keep headphones or a headset nearby in case there is unexpected feedback from your device's microphone or speaker.