One of the reasons Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is among the top pediatric medical centers in the nation is because we understand the challenges that come with childhood illness. We are prepared for families’ needs and provide information and resources that help you feel supported every step of the way.
Plan Your Arrival
At Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, help is always within reach, even before your child’s first appointment. From finding a doctor to conducting a virtual visit, we walk you through what to expect.
- Welcome Information: Learn how we help your child and family while you are here, including support, resources, food options, parking and more.
- Find a doctor: Browse our list of world-class pediatric specialists to find the right doctor for your child.
- Request an appointment: Find clinic phone numbers and get helpful information about insurance, referrals and authorizations.
- Virtual visits: Get care without leaving home, and read our tips for a successful appointment.
- MyChildren's LA Patient Portal: View information about your child’s tests and treatments and stay in touch with the care team between visits.
- Patient experience and satisfaction: See how families rate Children’s Hospital based on the results of national surveys.
- Preparing for admission: Find out more about how to prepare your child and family for overnight stays in the hospital.
- Food Options: Find out about meals and food offerings for patients, families, visitors and more.
- Billing and insurance: Read more about insurance coverage, financial help, your rights and more.
- Medical records: View our online medical record request tool, which is available in English and Spanish.
At Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, our patient- and family-centered approach includes support services that help give your child and family peace of mind. We have many ways to make daily life a little less worrisome and a little more comfortable, so you can focus on your child. And we have innovative programs that bring comfort during your child’s hospital stay.
- Child Life Program: We use age-appropriate ways to reduce the stress and anxiety of hospital care.
- Social Work Program: We help families cope with challenges that can get in the way of their child’s care.
- Family Resource Center: Learn about helpful resources such as computer workstations, health education classes and parenting workshops.
- Artists Program: Art, dance, drama, music and expressive art therapy give children more ways to cope and heal.
- Literally Healing Program: We promote reading and family togetherness by gifting books, hosting story times and other activities.
- Spiritual Care: Chaplains provide spiritual support and guidance to families of all faiths.
- School for Patients: On-site teachers and teacher assistants help school-aged children keep up with education.
- Patient- and family-centered care: Learn more about our commitment to meeting your child and family’s needs throughout the care experience.
- Talking about surgery: Get answers to questions your child may have about an upcoming procedure.
- Space for families: Find out more about our welcoming spaces, including gardens for play, meditation and healing.