The Colorectal Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is among a few of its kind in the Western U.S. and is often ranked in the nation’s top programs. Our specialists regularly treat rare and complex conditions while maintaining high success rates. We can make a difference in your child’s life.
Colorectal and Pelvic Anomaly Experts: Why Choose Us
Our expert team is by your side through every step of your child’s care journey. Surgeons, urologists (bladder specialists), gastroenterologists (digestive health doctors) and pediatricians deliver personalized care that brings healing. Our expertise helps children grow up confident, happy and active.
Highlights of our program include:
- Thorough evaluations: Children’s Hospital has advanced tests that are not widely available. Care may include manometry, which uses sensors and a computer to test bowel function. We also offer urodynamic studies that use imaging to show how urine exits the body. Explore colorectal and pelvic anomaly evaluation and diagnosis.
- Conservative approach: We help many children achieve symptom relief with nonsurgical therapies. Options such as pelvic floor therapy for children make it possible to gain better bladder and bowel control. These therapies are sometimes all that’s necessary to end the need for special underwear.
- Life-changing surgery: When surgery is necessary, your child is in caring and capable hands. Our surgeons use research-based techniques to repair organs and optimize function. We also perform revision surgery to modify structures after a previous procedure. Find out more about colorectal malformation treatments and genitourinary malformation treatments.
- Ongoing care: Our team builds relationships with patients and families that span all stages of childhood. We check in regularly, even when your child is symptom-free, to ensure treatments are working as expected. These efforts help us provide timely care if your child’s needs change.
Leadership and Research
Doctors and patients put their trust in us because we are leaders in the field:
- National recognition: Children’s Hospital has consistently ranked among the top pediatric hospitals nationwide since U.S. News & World Report created the Best Children’s Hospitals program. Our gastrointestinal program, which cares for children with colorectal malformations, ranks among the nation’s best pediatric gastroenterology and GI surgery programs.
- Research: Our experts have been contributing to their respective fields through research for many years. We are also assessing care methods and outcomes for colorectal and pelvic anomalies. These efforts are laying the foundation for future care advances. Get more information about colorectal and pelvic anomalies research.
Our Colorectal Team
We are one of the only programs in the Western U.S. whose team includes every specialist your child may need under one roof. We are in regular communication with each other so that we can tailor therapies to your child’s needs. Meet our team.
Our team includes specialists from some of the nation’s leading pediatric programs, including:
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Pediatrics
- General Pediatric Surgery
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
Patient- and Family-Centered Colorectal and Pelvic Anomaly Care
A colorectal or pelvic anomaly can affect your entire family. Our team is here for you with compassionate care and robust support services. Read more about colorectal and pelvic anomalies patient and family resources.
We explain diagnoses, evaluations and treatments in ways that are easier to understand. When an advanced test or hospital stay is necessary, we tell you what to expect and answer your questions. Child Life specialists, psychologists and social workers provide additional support.
Consultations for Colorectal and Pelvic Anomalies
Colorectal and pelvic anomalies are complex conditions. Each child experiences them differently, making them challenging to treat. As leading experts in the Western U.S., Children’s Hospital cares for many children with these anomalies. Doctors and families from across the region put their trust in our services.
We make it easy for families and referring providers to work with us:
- Second opinions: If your child has been seen by other colorectal or pelvic anomaly specialists, we review their findings and provide recommendations.
- Patient referrals: Whether you are seeking a consultation or wish to entrust us with your patient’s care, we welcome your referral. Read more colorectal and pelvic anomalies information for medical professionals.
Comprehensive Colorectal and Pelvic Anomaly Care for Children
We offer access to multiple pediatric subspecialists in one convenient location in Los Angeles. Plan your visit.
To schedule an appointment with a colorectal or pelvic anomaly specialist, call 323-361-5711.