Request Medical Records (HIM)
To request medical records:
A. Use Our Online Request Tool
Children's Hospital Los Angeles now offers an online records request tool that verifies your identity by asking for a photo of your driver's license, which can be taken via webcam or smartphone. This tool is available in both English and Spanish. There is no additional charge to use this service.
Please note, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the recommended browsers for this application.
Click Here to Request Records
The cost for requested records is dependent upon the purpose of the request:
- Personal: No cost, but please note that any record request that results in over 40 pages (regardless of medium requested) will be put on a CD
- Outside Medical (released directly to outside physician or outside facility): No cost
- Others, including attorneys or copy services: Contact the "Release of Information" Department directly at 323-361-2387 between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for further details
C. Phone Inquiries
For questions or more information, you may call 323-361-2387 during regular business hours. You will be prompted to select English or Spanish as your language of choice, and then be provided with the following options for more information:
- Press 1 to obtain information about how to obtain copies of a patient's medical record
- Press 2 to discuss a bill
- Press 3 to be transferred to the X-ray or Radiology Department
- Press 4 for other inquiries or to check status of a medical records request
- If none of the selections above accommodate your needs, you may remain on the phone for a representative to assist you
D. Change in Name / Change in Demographics
If you need to change a patient’s name or demographic information, the patient or guardian must use the following form. Please fill out this form, sign and date the form, and provide the legal documentation supporting the requested changes. Please email the form and legal documentation to email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 48 business hours. If you have any further questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-361-2330.