Vascular Anomalies Procedures
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles provides the highest level of care for vascular anomalies. Your child has access to every available treatment option. We deliver leading therapies and consistently achieve outstanding results.
Treatments include surgery from highly skilled pediatric surgical subspecialists. We also offer procedures that are gentler on growing bodies.
Vascular Anomalies Procedures: Why Choose Us
Specialists at Children’s Hospital excel in treating the most complicated vascular anomalies. Many of these conditions are rare, yet our experts treat them on a regular basis. This level of experience draws patients and families from all over the world.
Highlights of our program include:
- Team approach: Our team includes surgical and nonsurgical experts who consider every possible option. Surgeons, interventional radiologists, hematologist-oncologists, dermatologists and others work together to tailor therapies. Meet our team.
- Research-based care: We stay current on vascular anomalies research. You can count on us for care reflecting the latest science in vascular anomalies treatment. We offer procedures that are precise and effective so that your child can recover as quickly as possible.
- Comprehensive services: Our specialists take every possible precaution, so you can feel secure when your child is in our care. Hematologist-oncologists monitor children at risk for bleeding and clotting disorders. Pediatric anesthesiologists help your child go to sleep and remain pain-free during procedures. Our entire team uses research-based care methods that minimize the risk of complications.
Interventional Radiology and Surgical Services We Offer
Our team approach helps your child receive timely treatment. Care often starts by seeing multiple specialists in a single visit. This level of coordination helps your family make important care decisions with confidence. Explore our patient and family resources to learn more about what to expect.
Vascular anomalies procedures we offer include:
Our interventional radiologist uses embolization to block blood vessels that feed vascular anomalies. This technique uses tiny needles and long tubes (catheters) to deliver therapies. When the use of x-rays is required, Children’s Hospital has advanced imaging technologies that enable us to use the lowest possible radiation dose.
Get more information about interventional radiology for vascular anomalies.
Surgery may be necessary for large or fast-growing malformations. Find out more about surgery for vascular anomalies.
Your child may receive care from multiple experts, including:
- Pediatric general surgeons, who remove vascular anomalies using specialized methods for babies and children.
- Orthopaedic oncologists, who perform procedures on vascular tumors affecting the pelvis or extremities.
- Otolaryngology – head and neck surgeons, who treat anomalies affecting the airway, inside of the mouth and more.
- Plastic surgeons, who perform reconstructive procedures to repair tissue and structures.
- Neurosurgeons, who treat children with vascular anomalies affecting the brain or nervous system.
Second Opinions and Adult Consultations for Interventional Radiology
If your child is not a Children’s Hospital patient, we can still review the case. Our surgeons and interventional radiologist welcome the opportunity to provide a second opinion. Hearing from multiple specialists may be helpful, especially if your child has a large or complex malformation. Get more information about online second opinions.
We also offer adult consultations for patients 21 and older. These appointments are for people whose symptoms do not appear until later in life or who have ongoing care needs. We provide recommendations and may coordinate referrals to adult surgeons or interventional radiologists.
Expert Vascular Anomalies Care for Children
Our pediatric subspecialists provide multidisciplinary care in one convenient location in Los Angeles. Find out more about our Vascular Anomalies Center.