Vascular Anomalies Diagnosis and Treatments
When there are vascular anomalies symptoms, it’s natural to question how they may impact your child’s well-being. Trusted experts at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles provide answers you can count on.
We perform comprehensive assessments that lead to an accurate diagnosis—even for rare conditions that are challenging to diagnose. We offer many treatments for vascular anomalies where our highly skilled team determines which ones best meet your child’s needs. Our capabilities help more children and families look to the future with confidence.
Vascular Anomalies Diagnosis and Treatment: Why Choose Us
We work together to quickly get to the source of your child’s symptoms and develop a personalized care plan. This information is often available during a single visit. Explore our patient and family resources to learn more about what to expect.
Highlights of our program include:
- Team approach: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is home to doctors specializing in vascular anomalies. Your child benefits from the combined expertise of pediatric dermatologists, hematologist-oncologists, interventional radiologists, surgeons and more. Meet our vascular anomalies team.
- Family-centered care: We take the time to explain the diagnosis and learn about your treatment preferences. Experts carefully consider your child’s emotional well-being and self-image. This holistic approach makes important treatment decisions less stressful on your family.
- Coordination: Our nurse practitioner coordinates the tests and treatments your child may need. This type of support means you don’t have to keep track of the details of your child’s care. Instead, you can focus on helping your child feel better.
Vascular Anomalies Diagnosis
Our experience helps us confirm or rule out a diagnosis with a high degree of accuracy. We often make a diagnosis based on your child’s medical history and a physical exam.
Specialized testing may be necessary for complex conditions. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles offers all the services your child may need, including:
- Imaging studies, which often include ultrasound or an X-ray. More advanced studies, such as computed tomography (CT) scans and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, are occasionally necessary. Find out more about imaging for vascular anomalies.
- Genetic testing to detect mutations that cause syndromes, which are often challenging to diagnose. Learn more about genetic testing for vascular anomalies.
Vascular Anomalies Treatments We Offer
Your child has access to a variety of treatments for vascular anomalies. Our personalized approach means we recommend the therapies that offer the greatest potential for healing.
Children with mild symptoms may need ongoing monitoring instead of treatment. For large or complex anomalies, care might start right away. In addition to treatments, care may include therapies that provide comfort and prevent complications.
Vascular anomalies treatments we offer include:
- Medical therapies: We help many children avoid surgery using sophisticated therapies and medications. Additional recommendations may include medications to relieve pain or prevent blood clots. Find out more about medical treatments for vascular anomalies.
- Procedures: Offerings include sclerotherapy, which uses tiny needles to deliver medications that treat abnormal blood vessels. When surgery is necessary, your child receives care from surgical subspecialists for treatment that’s more precise. Learn more about vascular anomalies procedures.
- Clinical trials: Our active participation in clinical trials gives eligible patients access to additional treatment options before those treatments become widely available. Find out more about our vascular anomalies research.
Comprehensive Vascular Anomalies Care for Children
We offer access to multiple pediatric subspecialists in one convenient location in Los Angeles. Find out more about our Vascular Anomalies Center.