Frequently Asked Questions About MyChildren’sLA
What is the MyChildren’sLA Patient Portal?
The portal is a secure online platform where you can communicate with your care team at Children's Hospital Los Angeles and access your or your child's health information at any time. MyChildren’sLA members can:
- Securely communicate with your Children’s Hospital Los Angeles care team
- Access your virtual visit directly from the portal
- See your lab test results and X-ray or imaging reports
- Request prescription renewals
- View upcoming appointments and make scheduling requests
- Access non-confidential clinical documents, post-visit information and return-to-school notes
- View and print allergies, immunization records and medications
Who can sign up for the MyChildren’s LA Patient Portal?
To keep our patients’ health information secure, access to MyChildren’sLA is based on the patient’s age:
Ages 0 – 11
Parents/legal guardians can enroll patients.
Ages 12 – 17
Patients and parents can enroll in the patient portal using separate logins.
Ages 18 and older
Patients enroll themselves in the portal with no parent consent needed.
In special circumstances, parents/legal guardians may be able to access the patient’s information online.
What information do I need to sign up for the patient portal?
To sign up for the portal online, you will need to provide a photo of a valid identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, to prove your identity and keep your or your child’s medical information safe.
For patients over the age of 12 requesting their own portal accounts, acceptable forms of ID include:
- Government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, DMV learner’s permit, passport, military ID)
- A photo ID issued from a school, library or other organization the patient is affiliated with
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Insurance card with the patient’s name on it
Who do I contact if I have questions about what’s displayed in the patient portal?
If you have any questions related to notes from your doctor, nurse or team member, please directly reach out to your care team.
For other questions or concerns about any health information displayed in the portal, please contact CHLA’s Health Information Management team at PatientPortal@chla.usc.edu.
I did not receive an invite for the portal after I signed up. Who do I contact?
It may take up to 2 business days to receive an invitation to activate your account. The email invitation will come from MyChildrensLA@chla.org. Once you receive the email invitation, activate your portal account using the ZIP code of your child and your child’s date of birth.
Please note, the invitation email will expire after 90 days. Please contact CHLA’s Health Information Management team at PatientPortal@chla.usc.edu to request a new invitation email.
What do I do if I believe someone else accessed my account without my permission?
Contact CHLA’s Health Information Management team at PatientPortal@chla.usc.edu to deactivate your account and request a new one.