Medical Education in Pediatric Neurology and Neurosurgery
Children’s Hospital is a trusted name in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery. Doctors and patients look to us for the best available therapies and exceptional outcomes. Our experts are also training the next generation of neuroscience subspecialists through highly regarded residency and fellowship programs.
Residency and Fellowship Programs
Children’s Hospital offers residents and fellows outstanding opportunities to further their medical education.
Highlights of our programs include:
- Expertise: You learn from some of the leading experts in the field, including internationally renowned child neurology and pediatric neurosurgery subspecialists. Our doctors are raising the level of care for childhood neurological disorders through research and leadership in professional organizations. They also foster innovation and collaboration here at Children’s Hospital. Meet our team.
- Recognition for clinical excellence: Our commitment to the highest care standards helps us maintain accreditation from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers, Muscular Dystrophy Association and more. We consistently rank among the nation’s top pediatric neurology and neurosurgery programs according to U.S. News & World Report.
- State-of-the-art facility: We deliver clinical care in our recently renovated Neurological Institute Outpatient Center. This family-friendly, 23,000-square-foot space houses Neurology and Neurosurgery in the same institute. Our structure provides a seamless, multidisciplinary experience where families receive consultations, presurgical care and therapies in one location.
- Research opportunities: Residents and fellows have the opportunity to participate in research at Children’s Hospital. Working in conjunction with The Saban Research Institute, we contribute to the field through laboratory, translational, clinical and health services research. Our program leaders participate in some of the most prestigious and forward-thinking research collaborations. We are a hub for many innovative clinical trials.
We offer several residency and fellowship programs in the Neurological Institute:
- Child Neurology Residency Training Program
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship
- Pediatric Epilepsy Fellowship
- Epilepsy Genetics Fellowship
Child Neurology Residency Training Program
Our Child Neurology Residency Training Program is one of the largest programs of its kind in the country. Learn more about the Child Neurology Residency Training Program.
Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has been training pediatric neurosurgery fellows longer than most other programs in the country. Find out more about CHLA’s Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship.
Pediatric Epilepsy Fellowship
Epilepsy fellows learn from some of the most experienced experts in epilepsy care. And our Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offers experience in leading-edge epilepsy treatments. We are one of only six pediatric epilepsy fellowships in the country with accreditation from the American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Discover more about the Pediatric Epilepsy Fellowship.
Epilepsy Genetics Fellowship
This new fellowship will begin in 2022. We will provide more information on the opportunity as it becomes available.
Many Children’s Hospital researchers and physicians are engaged in basic science, translational and clinical research to understand and treat neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders in children. These efforts have the potential to improve care options and quality of life for patients with neurological disorders. Find out more about our Developmental Neuroscience Program.