International Patient Services
Founded in 1901, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is among the top 10 pediatric hospitals in the nation as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. But our passion for ensuring the health and well-being of sick children and their families reaches far beyond our country’s border.
The International Patient Services program was created to support the unique needs of patients and families residing outside of the U.S. traveling to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles for specialty and complex care needs. As a top pediatric academic medical center in the U.S., CHLA provides comprehensive, award-winning, culturally-sensitive care to hundreds of children and adolescents globally each year.
Our team is dedicated to helping your child obtain the treatment he or she deserves. We serve as the single point-of-contact for international patients and their families to not only create ease of access to CHLA, but also navigate all aspects of care from initial inquiry, to appointments and follow-ups and seamless repatriation back to your home country.
With patients from across six continents and over 75 countries treated, the experienced International Patient Services team at CHLA is dedicated to supporting the individual needs of international patients and families.
How to Become an International Patient
Thank you for considering Children's Hospital of Los Angeles for your child's care. To get started, fill out this intake form to request review of your child's condition by our International Patient Services Team. After the form is filled out, one of our team members will reach out by email or by phone.
How We Can Help Your Family
- Provide information on CHLA’s medical specialties, services and programs best suited for your child and family’s needs
- Schedule appointments
- Provide a preliminary treatment plan with estimated medical costs
- Issue a Letter of Appointment to support the visa application process required for medical travel to the U.S.
- Coordinate for an interpreter to accompany you during appointments and family conferences, and translation services for your child’s medical records
- Advocate for your family to ensure your health care goals and cultural needs are met
- Provide information about transportation, housing, support services and tourist information on popular places to visit in Los Angeles
Javier’s Cancer Journey: From Mexico to L.A.