U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report Ranking means that CHLA provides the best care in the Western U.S. and is a Top 5 hospital nationally
U.S. News & World Report’s national survey of children’s hospitals has again ranked Children’s Hospital Los Angeles among the very best pediatric medical centers in the nation.
Specialty Care Rankings
U.S. News & World Report’s ranking affirms Children’s Hospital Los Angeles’ status as a premier health care institution. Our achievements are a direct reflection of the extraordinary skills of our physicians, nurses and clinical staff, who combine passion and expertise to deliver superior patient care.
U.S. News & World Report ranks children’s hospitals for their clinical expertise and patient outcomes in 10 different medical specialties. Below is the breakdown of our rankings across those 10 areas of care:
- Cancer, No. 5
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery, No. 3
- Diabetes and Endocrinology, No. 8
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, No. 6
- Neonatology, No. 2
- Nephrology, No. 15
- Neurology and Neurosurgery, No. 9
- Orthopaedics, No. 4
- Pulmonology, No. 12
- Urology, No. 13
About the Survey
Each year, U.S. News & World Report invites all pediatric hospitals across the nation to complete its survey and be considered for ranking. The methodology for the rankings is adjusted annually to reflect best practices in the industry along with differences in pediatric specialty care as compared to adult health care. Data related to the items below is scored to develop a ranking that reflects:
- Clinical outcomes, such as the ability to prevent complications and infections
- Quality of care and performance improvement projects
- Care-related measures such as nursing, advanced technology, credentialing and education
- Reputation, as established through a combination of opinions and recommendations gathered from pediatric specialists and data collected from a comprehensive survey
Combined with Magnet® designation and the hospital’s repeated Top Hospital ranking for patient safety and high-quality patient care, these accolades place CHLA the forefront of child health care nationally and globally.