Summer Junior Volunteer Program
Children's Hospital Los Angeles offers a Summer Program for Junior Volunteers for applicants ages 15-17. Junior volunteers provide service to patients, families and staff, while gaining experience and self-confidence.
Volunteer opportunities do not include job shadowing or internship experiences. Duties may include: family and visitor escort, bringing play carts to common areas and administrative support. (Please note that contact with inpatients will be very limited.)
The 2019 Junior program will accept 30 new candidates as Summer Junior Volunteers. The Summer Junior Program is incredibly competitive and typically receives hundreds of applications. All complete applications received by deadline date/time will be considered accordingly for inclusion.
The application period is now closed.
In order to be considered for participation in the Summer Program, junior volunteers must be able to volunteer:
- Four times per week
- 4 hours per day (in solid blocks of time)
- From June 10- August 2, 2019
- Complete a personal interview with CHLA Volunteer staff accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Submit to a health screening process accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Attend the mandatory orientation on Sunday, June 9th