At Children's Hospital Los Angeles' Sleep Center we perform over 1,900 sleep studies per year. With five triple-boarded sleep specialists and exceptional support staff of technologists, nurses, and respiratory therapists, we are able to provide the best possible care to your child. We have the capacity to offer care from infants to young adults. Whether it’s a sleep disorder evaluation, sleep study or coordinating sleep therapy, we offer a personalized plan specific to your child’s situation.
Services We Offer
- Nap studies (daytime polysomnograpy)
- Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT)
- Overnight polysomnography
- Sleep disorder evaluations/consultations
About Our Sleep Studies
Nap studies are performed Monday to Friday during normal business hours. Overnight polysomnography are offered Monday to Sunday and are performed 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. We diagnose and care for children with sleep disorders to include:
- Sleep apnea
- Breathing disorders
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Movement disorders
- Positive pressure therapy
How Do I Schedule an Appointment for a Sleep Study?
We require a physician to refer you for a sleep study. Your referring physician’s office must send us a complete packet before we can schedule an appointment.
- Physician order sheet (must be filled out and signed by referring physician)
- Current History and Physical (within 6 months of order date)
- Copy of insurance card
- Valid authorization from active medical group or health plan
How Do I Schedule a Consultation with a Sleep Doctor?
Please have your referring physician or pediatrician contact our new patient referral line at 888-631-2452. Or have your referring physician fax the following items to our sleep center (Fax 323-361-1364):
- Current History & Physical (within 6 months)
- Copy of any previous sleep study or MSLT
- Demographics sheet
- Copy of your insurance card
- If HMO, an authorization for CPT 99244 or 99205 must be sent with referral packet
What If I Have HMO Insurance?
We require an authorization for each study. The authorization should be assigned to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Codes are:
- Nap study 95807
- Overnight sleep study (patient is 6years and/or older) 95810
- Overnight sleep study (patient is 5 years and/or younger) 95782
- PAP titration (patient is 6years and/or older) 95811
- PAP titration (patient is 5 years and/or younger) 95783
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test 95805; must be scheduled in conjunction with overnight sleep study
If you have any questions regarding the necessary CPT codes required please call our office at 323-361-2162 and ask to speak with one of our financial counselors.
- Overnight Sleep Study
- Vent Check Sleep Study
- Nap Study Physician Order Sheet
- Sleep Study Overight Instructions (English)
- Sleep Study Overnight Instructions (Spanish)
- Academy of Sleep Medicine's Sleep Diary
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine's Sleepiness Scale
- American Thoracic Society on Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children
- American Thoracic Society on Sleep Studies
- American Thoracic Society on Oxygen Therapy Information
- American Thoracic Society on Sleep
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine - What Is Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)?