In the Division of Urology, we care for all types of genitourinary conditions. Genitourinary conditions affect the bladder, kidneys, ureters (tubes that connect the kidneys and bladder) and reproductive organs.
Your child is in skilled hands with our Board-certified pediatric urologists and highly trained advanced practice providers and nursing specialists. And when a condition requires more complex care, our team has the expertise to help.
General Urology Care: Why Choose Us
U.S. News & World Report ranks us among the top pediatric urology programs in the country. Our program offers your child and family:
- Pediatric focus: Our pediatric urologists have gone beyond traditional urology training and education. With additional years of pediatric urology training, they are experienced in caring for children’s unique needs. And in our program, every member of your care team is an expert in children’s unique urology needs. Meet our pediatric Urology team.
- Specialization in baby circumcisions: Our pediatric urology surgeons frequently perform circumcisions on newborns up to 2 months old. They’re also experienced in performing surgical circumcisions for older children.
- Circumcision revisions: It can be difficult when your child’s first circumcision does not go as planned. Our experienced pediatric urologists can successfully revise previous newborn circumcisions.
- Convenient care: We provide care in 14 convenient urology locations across Southern California, making it easier to get to your appointments.
Urological Conditions We Treat
We treat all types of children’s urology conditions, including:
- Congenital conditions in the bladder, kidneys and urinary system
- Differences in genital development
- Foreskin issues such as adhesions, phimosis and uneven circumcision
- Inguinal hernia
- Undescended testes
- Voiding dysfunction (problems with urinating)
We customize children’s treatment based on their needs. Whenever possible, we use our expertise in noninvasive methods, such as biofeedback for pelvic floor dysfunction, to care for pediatric urology conditions. And our doctors’ surgical expertise allows us to successfully revise previous circumcisions or foreskin adhesions.
We also perform advanced tests to inform diagnoses and treatment plans when needed. Learn more about what to expect with pediatric urology diagnosis and treatment.