Referrals and Consultations in Pediatric Neurology and Neurosurgery
Experts at the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Neurological Institute deliver world-class care with a level of expertise that’s not widely available elsewhere. Patients have access to innovative therapies, some of which are only available in select programs nationwide. These are some of the reasons referring providers turn to us for assistance with their most complex cases.
Our team welcomes the opportunity to take part in your patient’s care. Whether you are seeking a consultation or would like to refer a patient, our highly skilled experts can help. You can count on us to help your patient achieve their fullest neurological potential.
Nationally Recognized Expertise
U.S. News & World Report consistently recognizes us among the best pediatric hospitals in the country. This year, we are the:
- Highest-ranked pediatric hospital in California
- No. 5 children’s hospital in the country
- No. 9 children’s hospital in the country for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Only safety-net hospital on this prestigious national list
Additional accolades our Neurological Institute has earned include:
- Level 4 Epilepsy Center accreditation by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- Nationally recognized (ABRET-certified) electroencephalogram (EEG) lab
- Certified Duchenne Care Center providing specialized muscular dystrophy services
- Hydrocephalus Clinical Research Network (HCRN) member
- International Pediatric MS Study Group member
Neurology and Neurosurgery Services: What Sets Us Apart
The Neurological Institute offers:
- A collaborative approach: At Children’s Hospital, neurology and neurosurgery services are integrated, making it easier to optimize your child’s care. Appointments often include evaluations from multiple neurologic disease experts and other pediatric subspecialists as necessary. These specialists work together outside of clinic visits, enabling us to tailor therapies to children’s needs. Meet our doctors.
- Excellent outcomes: We are the largest pediatric neurology program by patient volume on the West Coast. Our neurosurgeons perform the most brain and spinal tumor surgeries on the West Coast. The team regularly treats conditions that other neurologists or neurosurgeons see only once in a lifetime. This experience helps patients achieve better outcomes for even the rarest conditions.
- National recognition: Our commitment to clinical excellence has earned distinctions from many trusted organizations, including the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. CHLA has also consistently been one of the nation’s top-ranked pediatric neurology and neurosurgery programs according to U.S. News and World Report.
- State-of-the-art space: Our 23,000-square-foot Neurological Institute Outpatient Center is the largest facility in the western U.S. dedicated to children with neurological conditions. The space is bright, welcoming and family-centered. It brings together experts in nearly 20 subspecialties, promoting collaboration and a multidisciplinary approach that optimizes patient care.
- Specialized services: Residents, fellows and patients benefit from our expertise across our multidisciplinary programs focusing on epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders, movement disorders, brachial plexus and peripheral nerve disorders, brain tumors, neurofibromatosis, neurodevelopmental disorders and more.
Refer a Patient to the Neurological Institute
We coordinate closely with referring providers on their patients’ neurological care. Please see our referral instructions for details and a complete list of contacts for all Children’s Hospital departments.
To refer patients to our neurological and neurosurgical specialists, please use our Outpatient Referral Form [PDF] or contact us at our referral numbers below.