To find out what toys our patients need during the holidays and all year round, visit our online gift registry. From here you can easily purchase gifts online and have them sent directly to the hospital.
About Our Toy Donation Program
We welcome your toy donations for our patients. You can’t imagine the difference your gift can make to a hospitalized patient. Your donations are so important to us! The global pandemic has had an impact on our toy donations this year and we are so grateful for your potential gift.
Toy Donation Guidelines
To help us prevent infection and maintain patient safety and well-being:
- We only accept new and unwrapped items.
- Toys should be sturdy and free of any parts that may pinch or break off.
- All craft materials (markers, glue, paints, etc.) must be non-toxic.
If the items don’t fall within our guidelines or are unsafe/inappropriate for our patients, we reserve the right to politely decline donations.
We cannot accept:
- Toy collections, even if they have been well-preserved
- Plush, stuffed animals or any items with small pellets
- Anything handmade, such as knitted or crocheted items including beanies, blankets, clothing
- Oversized toys such as ride-on vehicles, large doll houses/doll vehicles, or other oversized items
- VHS tapes
- Wooden items
- Glass, ceramic, brittle plastic or any other toys that can easily break and leave sharp edges
- Flowers, edible gifts or holiday treats
- Any items that promote violent and aggressive behavior, including video games or DVDs
- “Gently used” items
Seasonal Wish List
- Valentine’s Day Card Kits – We accept items until Feb. 11
- Spring Baskets – premade, not accepting handmade baskets; accepted until April 6
Year-round Wish List
Click here for a link to our registry, you may buy and ship our wish-list items directly to us from the links on the site.
Items Needed the Most
(Quantities of 30 or more are greatly appreciated when possible)
- Generic coloring books –- no holiday/spiritual references
- Crayons (Crayola brand preferred), markers and colored pencils –- all sizes
- Play-Doh (cans with no attachments)
- Medical play kits (doctor’s kits)
- Baby rattles
- Baby mirrors
- Infant toys (0-2 years old)
- Musical toys (cause and effect)
- Pop-up toys (cause and effect)
- Bubbles (4 oz bottles or smaller)
- Superhero action figures
- Barbie dolls
- Hard-body baby dolls (please no plush/soft-body dolls)
- Craft and bead kits
- Educational/science kits
- Tabletop games – especially UNO cards and playing cards
- Small white boards with dry-erase Markers (size 8.5" x 11")
- Beauty kits such as make-up and lotion kits for older patients (no body sprays)
- Earbuds and headphones for older patients
- L.A. sports team sports swag
If you are planning to host a toy drive, click here for a downloadable template.
How Do I Send/ Deliver My Donation?
Unfortunately, we are unable to pick up any donated items.
There are 3 methods to support our toy program.
Purchase items from our registry that ship direct to our office. Click here for a link to our toy registry.
Ship your own brand-new, unused items or gift cards to us directly at this address:
Children's Hospital Los Angeles – TOY DONATION
4650 Sunset Blvd., #64
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Drop off donations in-person. To schedule a drop-off time:
- Please register in advance via our online donation form. To register, Click here.
- Toy drop-off hours are limited this year. Drop-offs must be scheduled in advance and abide by all masking and physical-distancing requirements. As soon as possible, please register your intent to host a Toy Drive or desire to drop off your donations.
Can I deliver my gifts to patients directly?
No. Unfortunately, due to infection control and privacy policies, you will not be able to deliver your gifts to patients directly.
Gift Cards: The New Toy Drive
Space in the hospital to store all the wonderful toys is at a premium; as such we kindly recommend holding a “Gift Card” drive, instead of a traditional toy drive whenever possible. Gift cards allow us to maximize your gift to our patients because they provide our staff with the flexibility to make “on-demand” toy purchases. Also, if a particular patient would benefit less from a toy and more from an educational game, book or personal choice, we like to offer a gift card to that patient. Below are some popular choices:
- Amazon: $25 increments
- Target: $25 increments
Gift cards may be delivered in person or mailed to us at the following address:
Volunteer Resources Department
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd. #64
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Thank you for your generosity!