Research and Clinical Trials - Cancer and Blood Disease Institute
Dramatic advances in cancer research and treatment over the past two decades have made it possible for more children to survive a cancer diagnosis. This reality fuels the lifesaving scientific research and clinical trials conducted at the Cancer and Blood Disease Institute. Our goal is to discover, develop and deliver new approaches to curing pediatric cancer and blood diseases.
Basic and Translational Research
Our bench to bedside and back to bench approach to problem-solving integrates scientific and clinical expertise – taking the best ideas from laboratory to the patient in the form of promising new treatments. The basic and translational research faculty members are working to discover and develop new ways to treat pediatric cancer and blood diseases.
Please click here to learn more about our extensive research program.
The Clinical Trials Program gives patients access to the latest research protocols and promising therapies for children with cancer and blood disorders. By focusing on investigator-initiated trials, our world-class physician scientists are driving the innovation and science that will improve and save children’s lives worldwide.
Please click here to view our open clinical trials.
We are the leading international pediatric consortia to include:
- New Approaches to Neuroblastoma Therapy (NANT)
- Pediatric Bone and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC)
- Therapeutic Advances in Childhood Leukemia and Lymphoma (TACL)
The CBDI is expanding its international leadership in pediatric cancer and blood disorders as a principal member of 13 research consortia. By working with these collaborative groups, we are more easily able to reach our goal to speed the pipeline from discovery in the laboratory to the bedside, giving children a better chance of survival and an improved quality of life during and after treatment.
- SunCoast Community Clinical Oncology Program
- SunshinePediatric Cancer Foundation
- Pacific Pediatric Neuro-oncology Consortium PNOC
- Sarcoma Alliance for Research Through Collaboration (SARC)
- Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplantation Research (CIBMTR)
- Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
- Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium
- Collaborative Ependymoma Research Network (CERN)
- Neurofibromatosis Consortium
- North American Pediatric Aplastic Anemia Consortia
- Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (CCSS)
- Mount Sinai Acute GVHD International Consortim