Jackie and Gene Autry Orthopedic Center FAQs
Our caring team is always available to answer questions about our pediatric orthopedic programs and services. We can also help you navigate your child’s medical care and insurance.
Here, you can find answers to questions families frequently ask.
How do I schedule an appointment for my child?
If your child’s primary care physician sends a referral, we will reach out to you to schedule an appointment. You can also call 323-361-2142 and schedule an appointment without a referral. We require 24 hours’ notice if you need to change or cancel an appointment.
Will insurance cover my child’s care?
Because health insurance plans vary, you need to check with your insurance company and our office about coverage. If you have an HMO or PPO, you may have a copay. We’ll help obtain authorization from your health insurer for treatments and procedures. If your insurance changes, please notify our main office at 323-361-2142.
What should we bring to the appointment?
- Current health insurance card
- Your driver’s license
- Any images that weren’t supplied with medical records, such as X-ray films or CT scan images on disc
- List of any medications or supplements your child takes, including doses
- Medical records (if they weren’t sent from a referring physician)
- Referring physician contact information
How do I cancel a surgical procedure?
If you need to cancel a surgical procedure, call your surgery scheduler at the number they provided. You can also call:
- Surgical scheduling at 323-361-2142 and dial ext. 83838
- 323-361-2571 (after hours)
- 323-361-4500 (on the day of the procedure if you need to cancel at the last minute or are running late)
What if my child is sick before surgery?
If your child gets sick with a cold, flu, fever or other illness within four to six weeks before a surgical procedure, your child’s doctor may want to reschedule. You should call the doctor to discuss the situation. We require 24 hours’ notice for surgery cancellations (48 hours’ notice for spine procedures).
Where do I wait while my child has surgery?
We have a comfortable waiting area with free Wi-Fi. We will page or call you when your child’s doctor is ready to talk to you.
Who do I call with questions?
Please call the following numbers for questions about: