Transition RN Fellowship in Pediatrics
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is also proud to offer an exciting training program for the experienced registered nurse who is interested in transitioning to an acute care pediatric setting. The Transition RN Fellowship at CHLA prepares and supports experienced nurses as they enter into a pediatric specialty area. The program is offered twice a year. Learn more about this opportunity and other educational services and programs below.
Versant Transition RN Fellowship in Pediatrics is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- The Transition RN Fellowship ranges from 12 to 16 weeks depending on the area of specialty and includes competency-driven clinical immersion and curriculum, as well as formal mentoring and debriefing.
- Each transition RN fellowship receives an individualized learning plan for competency acquisition based on a performance gap analysis process.
- Vital professional development topics—such as career planning, conflict resolution, the culture of a new unit, self-confidence and goal setting—are presented and discussed.
- The updated Transition RN Fellowship curriculum has an added focus on experiential learning in the new 6-bed Las Madrinas Simulation Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. This shift from traditional content delivery to complex experiences will ensure our nurses’ success in the modern healthcare system.
Eligibility for the Transition RN Fellowship Program at Children's Hospital Los Angeles:
- A registered nurse with at least one year of experience working as an RN in an acute care setting.
- BSN or MSN degree
- Current American Heart Association CPR and PALS certification
Interested in learning about our Transition RN Fellowship in Pediatrics program? Join us for a virtual information session:
Thursday, April 20 from 4 - 5 p.m. PT
Or join us on-site Wednesday, June 14 from 12 - 2 p.m. PT with tours and onsite interviews in the Dale Conference Room
Program will start in September 2023.
Apply online at Jobs.CHLA.org by searching "Transition Fellowship" to view available opportunities.
- You will be able to view and apply to the areas that are accepting applicants for the program.
- Please complete the entire online application; attaching a resume is highly recommended.
Upcoming Program Dates