Holidays From the Heart
About the Holiday From the Heart Program
The Holidays From the Heart Program supports the most vulnerable and financially challenged patients at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Through Holidays From the Heart sponsorship, we seek to create hope for families by fulfilling some of their basic needs and alleviating some of the stress felt during the holiday season.
Hospital staff members identify, nominate and screen CHLA families will benefit the most from some additional support during the holiday season. In addition, Holidays From the Heart provides support for patient families year round through specific requests from CHLA staff.
The program began in 1993 with just two families. In 2017, over 318 families were sponsored. Though most of the families are from the Greater Los Angeles area, the program extends across all of Southern California and the nation.
Ways to Give
- Make a Financial Donation
- Donate Items
- Sponsor a Family
- Request a Family
Due to storage and space constraints, Holidays From the Heart can no longer accept large donations of in-kind gifts. Monetary donations to Holidays From the Heart will continue to support families through the fulfillment of “just in time” requests.
Your financial donation is tax-deductible and 100 percent will go towards supporting the program and families. Funding from this program continues to help our families throughout the entire year by providing essentials such as grocery and gas gift cards, school clothing and supplies, baby basics and more.
Click here to donate online.
To donate by check, make your check payable to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, with a notation of “Holidays From the Heart” in the memo section, and mail to:
Holidays From the Heart
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd., #64
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Due to storage and space constraints, Holidays From the Heart can no longer accept large donations of in-kind gifts. Please consider donating gift cards to support families year-round.
- Grocery Gift Cards (desired stores: Food 4 Less, Ralphs, Jons, Vons)
- Gas Station Gift Cards (desired stations: Arco, 76, Shell, Chevron)
- Target, Walmart, Amazon Gift Cards
Our hope for the 2019 holiday season is that we’ll be able to provide at least 100 families with a Holiday Family Totes gift bag. The goal of our Holiday Family Totes is to provide a more structured gift to patient families that will benefit the most from some additional support during the holidays and will also allow for some individual personalization. Patient families will be identified by CHLA Social Workers and staff from all service lines.
How Holiday Family Totes works:
- Sponsor agrees to support family by providing a Holiday Family Tote bag filled with age-specific items that are NEW and UNUSED.
- Once accepted, Sponsor will receive an email confirmation with next steps. Tote bags will be stuffed on sponsor's behalf with the items donated by the sponsor.
- Sponsor will be matched with a family before Thanksgiving and receive a “Family Bio Sheet” information that will include some basic information.
Guidelines for Holiday Family Totes
- These guidelines are for families of up to 4 people. For families with more than 5 individuals, additional totes can be provided and we recommend the following changes:
- 5-7 individuals in family: $150 grocery card and $100 gas card
- 8-10+ individuals in family: $200 grocery card and $100 gas card
- All required items for your family are to be delivered to CHLA by December 10, 2019. Additional details for drop off to CHLA to be provided in confirmation email.
- HFTH will coordinate delivery/pick up with families directly on your behalf.
- To sign up as a Holidays Stocking Stuffer sponsor, click on the "Get Started Today!" link below.