Take a Tour Before Surgery
Reserve Your Tour
To reserve a tour, call 323-361-8219 (en Español, oprima 2)
Unable to Take a Tour?
- We also recommend reviewing our Talking About Surgery page with your child to build their comfort level with some of the foreign-sounding medical terms that our staff will be using on the day of surgery.
- On a Pre-Surgical Tour, we will orient your child and family members to Children's Hospital Los Angeles and our caregivers will be on hand to answer your questions about what will happen on the day of your child's procedure. Pre-Surgical Tours:
- Are offered on the third Sunday of every month
- Are scheduled from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Last 45 minutes to an hour
- Open to the entire family
What You Can Expect to See On Tour
On the tour you will get to visit the following areas of Children's Hospital Los Angeles:
- Lobby and Information Desk
- Admitting Area
- Examination Rooms
- Waiting Rooms
- Pre-operation Area
- Post-Surgery Recovery Area
What Other Parents Have Said
"The tour was wonderful. There is so much to do on the morning of your child's surgery that it was helpful to learn about the process ahead of time. Plus, McKenzie's nurse led our tour. It was a relief to see a friendly face on the morning of his operation."
- Christa Hailwood, shown here with 18-month old, McKenzie, 2 weeks post-procedure