The Division of Pediatric Rehabilitative Medicine contracts with several local universities to provide internships for entry-level graduate students in the fields of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech pathology. Student interns are exposed to a diverse patient population in a variety of care settings including acute, inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation, and specialty care clinics. In addition to a diverse patient population, students work with a variety of ages of patients ranging from infants to young adults.
Requirements for Entry-Level Graduate Clinical Internships
- All requests for clinical internships must come directly from the graduate school program coordinator. Placements are contingent on establishing a contract
- Applicants must have a genuine interest in pediatrics and be completing the last clinical internship of their program
- For OT and PT students, shorter-term clinical internships for 1-3 weeks are also available to contracted schools by request
- Student placements are limited and interviews are required prior to placement
- Contact the student coordinator for more information
Other Clinical Education Opportunities
For a single day observation with a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech pathologist in the Division of Pediatric Rehabilitative Medicine, contact the student coordinator at 323-361-2118 or email@example.com. We do not offer successive day observations for accumulation of hours for graduate school admission.
If you are inquiring about a volunteer position in the Division of Pediatric Rehabilitative Medicine, please visit the hospital Volunteer Office webpage or call 323-361-2371.