Human MRI Core
The state-of-the-art Philips Achieva dStream 3.0T MRI system offers investigators unique access to a 3.0T MR system dedicated to research (CHLA is one of only 3 free-standing Children’s Hospitals in the US with a dedicated research MR scanner), the Philips scanner is the nucleus of a mounting imaging research program here at CHLA. The research dedicated 3.0 T system provides an opportunity to develop, refine, test and implement novel MR protocols and greatly accelerate the implementation of these advanced protocols to the clinical care of patients here at CHLA. In addition, the research agreement with Philips gives the accessibility to research protocols for development and advancement of imaging protocols.
The Human MRI Core services include protocol development testing, pilot scanning and MRI scanning services.
- MRI scanning
- Use of Mock scanner for participant training
- Philips 3.0 T, Smartpath to DStream
- 32 channel head coil
- 16 channel MV coil
- Transmit-receive head coil
- Two 32 channel torso coils
- Flex coils
- VisuaStim - Video-goggles for use in distraction during structural MR imaging
- Button Boxes - Button fiber optic pads for response tasks. Four-button or split 2 button boxes and response interface.
- BioPac - Physiological monitoring - research MR-compatible patient monitoring equipment (ECG, blood pressure, SpO2, Temperature)
- Mock Scanner - For use in training and preparing participants for MRI scans
- Fee Structure
|½ hour of scanner time||
|1 hour of scanner time||
|1.5 hour of scanner time||$750|