Billing and Insurance
Paying for Care
Thank you for choosing Children’s Hospital Los Angeles for your child’s care. We want you to have the information you need to make the best choices about your child’s care, as well as your financial responsibility. Every family’s care journey is unique as is each family’s financial situation.
Please click the links below for more information:
- Learn about your hospital and physician bills
- Learn about the insurance and program options that include coverage for care at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Learn about options for financial assistance to cover care at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Learn about your your rights and protections against surprise medical bills
About Your Bill
Your insurance provider or health plan will receive two claims for payment. If your health provider does not cover the entire amount of the services rendered for your child's care, you will receive a bill. These bills are described below.
The bill you receive from Children's Hospital Los Angeles will cover charges for clinic visits, tests, procedures and room charges (for overnight stays). It also includes charges for services provided by clinical staff like nurses, therapists, psychologists, etc.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Medical Group will send you a separate bill for physician services. This will include surgeons, anesthesiologists, pathologists, radiologists, attendings, fellows and other physicians involved in your child's care.
- Your right to a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your health care will cost
- No Surprises Act disclosure notice
Updated Sept. 22, 2022