The Lab Safety Office promotes a safe research environment by fostering partnerships with faculty, students, and staff to enable them to recognize risks and empower them to learn, discover, and work safely to minimize injuries, illnesses, environmental impact, and regulatory risks.
We accomplish this by providing exceptional service and leadership through program and policy development, information and training, consultation, periodic reviews of environmental health and safety practices and complying with policies and regulations.
How We Support
We minimize injuries, illnesses, environmental impact, and regulatory risks through the following activities:
- Development and implementation of safety policies and programs.
- Administration of safety courses and training.
- Inspection of research facilities.
- Conduction of incident, hazard and risk assessments.
- Identification, evaluation and control of potentially hazardous situations.
- Implementation of corrective actions plans and suggestion of recommendations.
- Publication of information that reflects current topics and best practices in safety.
- Evaluation of emergency preparedness procedures and responding to emergency incidents.
- Management of hazardous wastes.
- Operational support of research oversight committees.
- Collaboration with regulatory agencies.
- Periodic review and evaluation of safety programs, policies and regulations.
- Lab Safety Forms and Policies
- Lab Coat Program
The Lab Safety Office has partnered with Medico Professional Linen Service to provide lab coat services at no cost to research labs. The vendor will barcode, launder, repair, and replace lab coats as needed. The Lab Coat Program is managed by the Lab Safety Office. Refer all Lab Coat Program inquiries to email@example.com. These include:
- New Lab Coat Request
- Lab Coat Loaner
- Lab Coat Replacement
- Lab Coat Laundering
- Lab Coating Fitting
- Lab Coat Repair
- Lab Coat Barcoding
- LHAT Assessment
To find additional information about the Lab Coat Program please refer to the documents below: