Human MRI Core
The state-of-the-art Philips Achieva dStream 3.0T MRI system offers investigators unique access to a 3.0T MR system dedicated to research (CHLA is one of only 3 free-standing Children’s Hospitals in the US with a dedicated research MR scanner), the Philips scanner is the nucleus of a mounting imaging research program here at CHLA. The research dedicated 3.0 T system provides an opportunity to develop, refine, test and implement novel MR protocols and greatly accelerate the implementation of these advanced protocols to the clinical care of patients here at CHLA. In addition, the research agreement with Philips gives the accessibility to research protocols for development and advancement of imaging protocols.
The Human MRI Core services include protocol development testing, pilot scanning, MRI scanning, and DXA scanning services.
- MRI scanning
- MRI Mock scanner for participant training
- DXA Scanning
This Core participates in the CHLA Core Pilot Program. To learn more click here.
CHLA welcomes external users to utilize our Core facilities. Please contact Elizabeth Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Philips 3.0 T, Smartpath to DStream
- 32 channel head coil
- 16 channel MV coil
- Transmit-receive head coil
- Two 32 channel torso coils
- Flex coils
- VisuaStim - Video-goggles for use in distraction during structural MR imaging
- Button Boxes - Button fiber optic pads for response tasks. Four-button or split 2 button boxes and response interface.
- BioPac - Physiological monitoring - research MR-compatible patient monitoring equipment (ECG, blood pressure, SpO2, Temperature)
- Mock Scanner - For use in training and preparing participants for MRI scans
- Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) - The DXA Hologic Horizon A system is the latest in densitometry technology. Study acquisition capabilities include DXA of whole body, hips, lumbar spine, and extremities. Machine capabilities include detailed measurements of the body by looking at bone density, lean mass, and fat mass. In addition, system includes pediatric analysis for whole body, spine, femur, forearm, and infant spine DXA using pediatric/BMDCS reference data.
- Fee Structure
|1/2 Hour of MRI Scanner Time||$250|
|1 Hour of MRI Scanner Time||$500|
|1 1/2 Hour of MRI Scanner Time||$750|
|DXA Scan Per Body Location||$47.53 per scan|
|Data Uploads to Sponsor Site||$25 per upload|