The Las Madrinas Simulation Center is designed to replicate different health care areas to allow for training and research. It is a state-of-the-art, 5,000 square-foot facility that includes four patient rooms, six beds, three debrief rooms and a procedure room. The clinical space replicates an operating room/trauma room, an intensive care unit room and two medical-surgical rooms.
Our goal is to:
Serve our patients and families by nurturing clinical expertise, exchanging knowledge, and optimizing systems in health care through use of best practices in simulation.
We strive to:
- Provide a safe experiential learning environment for health care professionals and colleagues to improve the quality of clinical care
- Advance research, scholarship and evidence-based practice
- Foster interdisciplinary teamwork, professionalism and collaborative communication
- Embrace ingenuity, creativity, innovation, and exploration
What is simulation?
Simulation provides a realistic care environment to educate and train health care professionals on best practices, new methods of care, response to emergencies, the use of medical equipment and more. The goal of medical simulation is to replicate scenarios to promote team building, effective communication and multidisciplinary care to support best practices and outstanding care for patients and families at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- High Fidelity PALS Course
- High Fidelity ACLS Course
- BLS Course
- High Fidelity NRP Course
- Team Training Simulations
- Graduate Medical Education Simulation Courses
- RN Residency Simulation Courses
- Procedural Training
- Simulation Facilitator Workshop
- In-situ Simulation Program
- ECMO Simulation Training
Simulators available for use
Gaumard and Laerdal High-Fidelity Simulators
Mid-Fidelity CPR Feedback Devices
- Venous Access
- Central Venous Access
- Chest Tube
- Lumbar Puncture
- GT/Foley/Ostomy/Trach Trainer
- Califia Simulator
- Cannulation Trainer
We would like to thank Las Madrinas for their generous investment in the Las Madrinas Simulation Center, which supports education and training for team members at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and other health care professionals.