Dennis-Duke Yamashita, DDS is Chairman and Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center and the USC School of Dentistry.
Dr. Yamashita is Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the USC School of Dentistry and holds adjunct appointments in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Department of Otolaryngology of the Keck School of Medicine at USC. He has been academic/faculty since 1975.
Dr. Yamashita has numerous publications on a wide array of topics including craniomaxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, temporomandibular surgery, implant surgery and dentoalveolar surgery. He completed his undergraduate, dental school and residency in oral surgery at USC and the LAC/USC Medical Center.
Orthognathic Surgery, Maxillofacial Trauma, Maxillofacial Pathology
USC School of Dentistry
USC School of Dentistry and LA County/USC Medical Center
USC School of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
American Board of Dental Anesthesiology
Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology
Fellow of the American College of Dentists
Fellow of the International College of Dentist
A Borzabadi-RFarahani, S. Yen, DD Yamashita, P Sanchez-Laura, Bilateral Maxillary Duplication: Case Report and Literature Review, OOO Journal, 2011 September 2014
Kiyomi Yamazaki, Charis Eng, Sergel A. Kuznetsov, John Reinisch, Dennis-Duke Yamashita, John Walker, Steven Yen, et. al. Missense mutation in the PTEN promoter of patients with hemifacial hyperplasia, Bone September 2015
2003: Chapter 9 “Maxillofacial Trauma,” Dennis-Duke R. Yamashita, D.D.S., and James P. McAndrews, D.D.S., Trauma Secrets, Editors: Gideon P. Naude, Frederic Bongard, Demitrios Demetriades, Hanley & Belfus, Inc., Philadelphia, PA.
2011: Chapter 1 “Complications of Local Anesthesia Used in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,” David R. Cummings, DDS, Dennis-Duke R. Yamashita, DDS, James P. McAndrews, DDS, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, Complications in Dentoalveolar Surgery, Elsevier Saunders
2015: Chapter 59: Techniques for Maxillomandibular Fixation, Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Duke Yamashita and Nam Cho, Editors Deepak Kadmani and Paul Tiwana.
- Refinement and Validation of Portable Salivary Biosensor of Psychological Stress, HS-CG-08-019, USC PI D.D.R. Yamashita, DDS, 2009-Present
- Stress Biomarker Study: HS-12-00767, USC PI D.D.R. Yamashita, 09/02/14-Present
- Sex Differences in PTSD: HS13-00618, USC PI D.D.R. Yamashita, 09/03/14-Present
- Mysticol Study: HS 13=00809 USC Collaborator/PI D.D.R.Yamashita, 09/03/14 to present
- Biosensors as related to PTSD/trauma related
- Mystical (reduced salivary secretions)
- Relationship of known biologic markers to phases of PTSD
- Double blind study for salivary flow reduction