Social Work Program
Experienced clinical social workers provide skilled, timely assistance in all areas of our hospital. Services offered to patients and families include:
- Patient and family evaluations,
- Counseling related to hospitalization or illness,
- Counseling and support during times of grief,
- Crisis intervention,
- Problem-solving interventions,
- Coping skills interventions,
- Advocacy related to medical treatment and other services,
- Discharge planning,
- Emergency assistance,
- Links to community resources.
Adolescent Sponsorship Program
- Matches adults diagnosed with diabetes as sponsors for adolescents receiving diabetes treatment by our hospital.
- Adolescents often experience difficulty complying with the treatment regimen.
- This program is internationally-recognized.
Audrey Hepburn CARES Team
- Provides compassionate examinations, diagnosis, and intervention for children who are suspected to have been abused or neglected.
- Incorporates specialized assessment, evaluation, consultation and intervention.
- Team members collaborate closely with law enforcement.
- CARES = Child Advocacy Response Evaluation Services
- Learn more about the Audrey Hepburn CARES team
California Childrens Services (CCS)
Social work services provided to all Children's Hospital CCS-approved centers.
Patient and Parent Support Groups
A sounding board and source of support for patients and parents to ease the stresses related to illness and/or hospitalization.