Virtual Visits at Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Preparing for Your Secure Virtual Visit
Accessing your child’s virtual visit is easy! Review our tips below to prepare for the visit.
Tips for a Successful Virtual Visit
1. Choose a device with a strong internet connection.
- You can have your visit using a smartphone or tablet device. You also can use a laptop or desktop computer.
- It’s important you have a strong wireless (Wi-Fi) or cellular connection to support video and audio.
- Make sure your device is charged or plugged into a power source, and that you have installed any updates on your device.
2. Prepare for your virtual visit.
- Make sure the patient is present and ready for the visit. Your caregiver will answer any questions you have – just like an in-person appointment.
3. Choose a space to have your visit.
- Choose a quiet, private location for the virtual visit.
- If the patient is under 18 years old, a parent, guardian or caregiver must attend the appointment.
- Before starting the virtual visit, turn on overhead lights and block out window light.
- Keep headphones or a headset nearby in case there is unexpected feedback from your device's microphone or speaker.
Before Your Visit
- Test your computer, tablet or mobile phone ahead of time if possible and download/install any updates on your device.
- The easiest way to test your device is to conduct a Tech Check:
- Tech Check: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (avizia.com).
- If you have any technical issues, call 877-926-1131.
- If you are worried about your device, you can download the AW Touchpoint app to use for your visit, but it is not required.
- View the Accessing Amwell via AW Touchpoint guide to learn more.
At Your Visit
- If you are a member of the MyChildren’sLA Patient Portal, you have two ways to have your visit.
- You can access the portal using the ChildrensLA mobile app.
- You can go to MyChildren’sLA Patient Portal page and log into the portal.
- View Accessing Amwell via MyChildren’sLA Patient Portal to learn more.
- Not a portal member yet? Access your visit through text message or email invite. Around the time of your appointment, you will receive a text message or an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to join the visit.
- Your provider may be running late. Please plan to be ready 15-20 minutes around your appointment time.