Who Should Access SYPP Center's Services?
SYPP Center works with diverse stakeholders, and our services are targeted, but not limited, to the following groups:
- New or existing community coalitions and community-based organizations
- Systems of care, such as juvenile probation departments, hospitals, or mental health departments
SYPP Center offers a broad range of fully customizable trainings for its clients. Our services are anchored in the Connections for Youth (CFY) community mobilization model. CFY provides a framework with two primary strategies to address health inequities hurting youth: create sustainable structural changes and build healthy community coalitions to carry out these changes.
We have expertise in and provide trainings in these areas:
- Social Determinants of Health
- Introduction to Structural Change
- Community Readiness Assessment
- Coalition Development: Structure & Management
- Strategic Planning for Structural Change (VMOSA I)
- Coalition Development: Shared Leadership & Diverse Participation
- Developing a Road Map for Structural Change (VMOSA II)
- Coalition Sustainability
- Youth-Adult Partnerships
- Youth-Driven Design
- Transgender Cultural Competency
- LGBTQ Cultural Competency
Trainings listed provide a guide, rather than a one-size-fits-all solution, for our clients. After an initial consultation, SYPP Center staff will create a service plan that is tailored to each client.
- SYPP Center offers communities technical assistance (TA) related to structural change, coalition building, cultural competency, building youth leadership, and community mobilization. Specific TA is offered around the Connections for Youth community mobilization model, but TA services may be planned for other community purposes.
We have expertise in and provide technical assistance in these areas:
- Coalition building tools
- Assessment of community readiness
- Producing a webinar series
- Strategic planning tools
- Retreat facilitation
- Planning and evaluation of community mobilization events
- Culturally competent assessments for transgender youth
- Creating and supporting a youth advisory board
Visit SYPP Center for more information on the following: