Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC)
OTC supports CHLA’s intellectual property and inventions - from inception to market - to maximize their impact on patient health.
OTC provides the following support:
- Manages the intellectual property and inventions created or discovered at CHLA through invention disclosures (e.g. record of invention) and copyright disclosures (e.g. record of copyright) provided to OTC;
- Interacts with industry and third parties and negotiates license agreements, option agreements, and equity agreements on behalf of CHLA;
- Engages legal counsel for legal protection of CHLA intellectual property and inventions;
- Assists with the intellectual property terms in material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, and collaboration agreements; and
- Provides guidance to researchers and clinicians on the commercialization process of CHLA intellectual property and inventions from when to disclose to forming startups.
- Learn More