Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC)
OTC supports CHLA’s intellectual property and inventions - from inception to market - to maximize their impact on patient health.
How We Support
- Manages the intellectual property and inventions created or discovered at CHLA through invention disclosures (e.g. record of invention) and copyright disclosures (e.g. record of copyright) provided to OTC
- Interacts with industry and third parties and negotiates license agreements, option agreements, and equity agreements on behalf of CHLA
- Engages legal counsel for legal protection of CHLA intellectual property and inventions
- Assists with the intellectual property terms in material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, and collaboration agreements
- Provides guidance to researchers and clinicians on the commercialization process of CHLA intellectual property and inventions from when to disclose to forming startups
- Learn More
- Resources and Policies
The following resources are available to all CHLA faculty and staff to assist in the commercialization of any inventions or intellectual property developed at CHLA. Additionally, please find below the CHLA Intellectual Property and the Conflict of Interest Policy.