Skip to main content
Research & Publications
Critical Care Medicine Research
- Umbilical artery catheter effect on blood flow to the superior mesenteric artery in neonates with congenital heart disease
- How children on home ventilation live and die
- Racial and ethnic health care disparities in the PICU
- Latino parents decision-making preference in the PICU
- Impact of an ECMO anticoagulation protocol
- ICU medical staff perception of Latino parents medical decision making preferences
- Clinical staff attitude towards telemedicine in the PICU and the CTICU
- Tissue directed gene therapy with a recombinant adeno associated pseudotype 6 viral vector incoding heme oxygenase 1 to induce tolerance after cardiac transplantation
- Effectiveness of virtual reality for pediatric pain distraction
- Pediatric quality of life: children, adolescents, and young adults with chronic pain
- Mechanically ventilated PICU patients
- The DIC score as a predictor of mortality for children with shock and sepsis
- Validating electronic collection of PIM 2 score in the ICU
Critical Care Medicine Recent Publications
- Bateman ST, Lacroix J, Boven K, Forbes P, Barton R, Thomas N, Jacobs B, Markovitz B, Goldstein B, Hanson J, Randolph AG, for the Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis Investigator's (PALISI) Network. Anemia, Blood Loss, and Blood Transfusion in North American Children in the Intensive Care Unit. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008 Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print].
- Markovitz BP, Randolph AG, Khemani RG. Corticosteroids for the prevention and treatment of post-extubation stridor in neonates, children and adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD001000. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001000.pub2.
- Markovitz B, Meert K. Evidence-based Pediatric Critical Care. Rogers Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care, 4th ed. Nichols DG, ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia. 2008.
- Graham AS, Chandrashekharaiah G, Citak A, Wetzel RC, Newth CJL. Positive end-expiratory pressure and pressure support in peripheral airways obstruction. Intensive Care Med. 33(1):120-7, 2007.
- Meert KL, Eggly S, Pollack M, Anand KJS, Zimmerman J, Carcillo J, Newth CJL, Dean JM, Willson DF, Nicholson C. Parents' perspectives regarding a physician-parent conference after their child's death in the pediatric intensive care unit. J. Pediatr., 151: 50-55, 2007.
- KR Underwood, SS Rubin, TW Deakers, CJL Newth. Infant Botulism: A 30-year experience spanning the introduction of Botulism Immune Globulin - Intravenous in the Intensive Care Unit at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Pediatrics. 120: e1380-e1385, 2007.
- Newth CJL. Determination of lung volumes and normal reference values in mechanically ventilated infants. MD Thesis, University of Otago, New Zealand. Accepted, August 2007
- Argent AC, Hatherill M, Newth CJL, Klein M. The effect of epinephrine by nebulization on measures of airway obstruction in patients with acute severe croup. Intensive Care Med., 34: 138-147, 2008
- Argent AC, Newth CJL, Klein M. The mechanics of breathing in children with acute severe croup. Intensive Care Med., 34: 324-332, 2008
- Meert KL, Eggly S, Pollack M, Anand KJS, Zimmerman J, Carcillo J, Newth CJL, Dean JM, Willson DF, Nicholson C. Ethical and logistical considerations of multicenter parental bereavement research. J Palliative Care, 11:444-450 , 2008
- Allen H, Rake A, McKiernan et al. Prospective Detection of Hyperglycemia in Critically-Ill Children Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 2008; 9(2) 153-158.