Publications and Data
FACS Core Publications and Data
Any significant intellectual and/or technical contribution to the research, such as in-depth consultation on experimental design and/or assay optimization, may warrant (based on mutual agreement) consideration of co-authorship on publications (PNAS, 86, 9053-74, December 1989 [start page 9070]);
We’d like to know when you made it to publication regardless! Please send us a copy of your publication, if you so choose.
Polychromatic (7-color staining) immunophenotyping of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).
A. In this 7-color analysis, PBMCs were first gated on CD3 (upper left panel), then on CD4xCD8 (middle left panel), and analyzed for expression of CD62L and IL-7 receptor (IL-7R). Central memory T cells, Effector memory T cells, Effector T cells, and a subset containing naïve and T regulatory cells were thereby identified (Bachman et al, 2005)1.
B. CD4+ T cells identified as in A were gated for expression of CD25 and CD45RO to identify T regulatory cells, which are known to be positive for CD62L and negative for IL-7R, and to regulate NK cells.
- Song L., Ara T., Wu H.W., Woo C.W., Reynolds C.P., Seeger R.C., DeClerck, Y.A., Thiele, C.J., Sposto, R., & Metelitsa, L.S. Oncogene MYCN regulates localization of NKT cells to the site of disease in neuroblastoma. J. Clin. Invest. 117, 2702-2712 (2007).
- Song, L., Asgharzadeh, S., Salo, J., Engell, K., Wu, H.W., Sposto, R., Ara, T., Silverman, A.M., Declerck, Y.A., Seeger, R.C., & Metelitsa, L.S. Va24-invariant NKT cells mediate antitumor activity via killing of tumor-associated macrophages. J. Clin. Invest. May 1. pii: 37869. doi: 10.1172/JCI37869 (2009).
- Metelitsa, L.S., Wu, H.W., Wang, H., Yang, Y., Warsi, Z., Asgharzadeh, S., Groshen, S., Wilson, S.B., & Seeger, R.C. Natural killer T cells infiltrate neuroblastomas expressing the chemokine CCL2. J. Exp. Med. 199, 1213-1221 (2004).
- Baev, D.V., Peng, X.H., Song, L., Barnhart, J.R., Crooks, G.M., Weinberg, K.I., & Metelitsa, L.S. Distinct homeostatic requirements of CD4+ and CD4- subsets of Valpha24-invariant natural killer T cells in humans. Blood 104, 4150-4156 (2004).
- Feng, L., Barnhart, J.R., Seeger, R.C., Wu, L., Keshelava, N., Huang, S.H., & Jong, A. Cdc knockdown inhibits human neuroblastoma cell proliferation. Mol. Cell. Biochem. 311, 189-197 (2008).
- Grigoryan, R.S., Yang, B., Keshelava, N., Barnhart, J.R., & Reynolds, C.P. Flow cytometry analysis of single-strand DNA damage in neuroblastoma cell lines using the F7-26 monoclonal antibody. Cytometry A. 1, 951-960 (2007).
- Kang, M.H., Kang, Y.H., Szymanska, B., Wilczynska-Kalak, U., Sheard, M.A., Harned, T.M., Lock, R.B., and & Reynolds, C.P. Activity of vincristine, L-ASP, and dexamethasone against acute lymphoblastic leukemia is enhanced by the BH3-mimetic ABT-737 in vitro and in vivo. Blood 110, 2057-2066 (2007).
- Ara, T., Song, L., Shimada, H., Keshelava, N., Russell, H.V., Metelitsa, L.S., Groshen, S.G., Seeger, R.C., & DeClerck, Y.A. Interleukin-6 in the bone marrow microenvironment promotes the growth and survival of neuroblastoma cells. Cancer Res. 69, 329-337 (2009).
- Bajou, K., Peng, H., Laug, W.E., Maillard, C., Noel, A., Foidart, J.M., Martial, J.A., & DeClerck, Y.A. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 protects endothelial cells from FasL-mediated apoptosis. Cancer Cell. 14, 324-334 (2008).