PDRTC Current Projects
The Pediatric Disaster Resource and Training Center at Children's Hospital Los Angeles works on various projects and partners with the Los Angeles Conty Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency.
- Children in Disasters WorkGroup - The Pediatric Disaster Resource and Training Center is co-lead for this multi-agency partnership to address county-wide concerns regarding preparing and responding to children in disasters. This effort will result in disaster preparedness training videos for daycare providers. The training will be hosted by Save the Children.
Recent Past Projects
- L.A. County EMS Agency Pediatric Surge Plan and Training - This is a county-wide plan created to address how each hospital within Los Angeles County would contribute to caring for children in the event of a surge that largely impacts children
- L.A. County EMS Agency Pediatric Surge Plan Exercise - Exercise to evaluate the L.A. County Pediatric Surge Plan. Tentatively scheduled for June 2015.
- Residency Education on pediatric disaster preparedness with Yale New Haven and Medical University of Southern California
- Emergency Network Los Angeles: L.A. County Community Disaster Resilience - PDRTC provided disaster preparedness education for six churches in South Los Angeles. The project also included evaluation of the role of preparedness and resilience in faith-based communities