Orthopaedics - For Medical Professionals
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles welcomes the opportunity to become a partner in your patient’s care. Our pediatric orthopaedic specialists are here to support you and your patients.
Children’s Orthopaedic Center: Why Choose Us
We partner with you to get your patients the most appropriate orthopaedic treatments and services. We keep you informed throughout the process and then return patients to your care.
You and your patients benefit from:
- Dedicated team of specialists: Our experts are among the nation’s best pediatric orthopedic specialists. We take a collaborative team approach, working with other CHLA experts in neurology, neurosurgery, orthotics, physical and occupational therapy, and other fields. Together, we meet all of your patient’s medical needs.
- Exceptional outcomes: Our surgeons are nationally known for expertly performing complex surgeries that get great results. We’re often able to help children who have previously been told there are no other treatment options.
- Advanced diagnostic tools: When appropriate, we conduct a 3D biomechanical analysis of your patient’s movements at our accredited pediatric Motion and Sports Analysis Lab. This information helps us customize a treatment plan. We also use EOS low-radiation X-rays to minimize a child’s exposure to radiation.
- Ongoing support: We keep you informed of your patient’s health status and progress while they’re under our care. We’re always available to answer questions from you or your patients during this process or after they return to your care.
- Convenient services: When possible, we schedule patient consultations and exams with multiple specialists during the same appointment. We also have orthotic specialists and representatives from bracing companies on-site to ensure the best device and fit.
- Prompt consultations: We work with you to determine how we can best help. If you or your patient need a consultation or second opinion, we try to review medical records and get back to you within 48 hours.
- The latest therapies: We’re leaders in pediatric orthopaedic research with clinical research studies taking place here. Our young patients have the opportunity to benefit from new devices, procedures or therapies still under development.
Pediatric Orthopaedic Fellowships
As a premier teaching hospital, we teach the next generation of pediatric orthopaedic specialists. Learn more about our orthopaedic fellowships.
Refer a Patient to the Children’s Orthopaedic Center
Please follow our referral instructions or contact us at the numbers below.
Children’s Hospital referral service
Phone: 888-631-2452 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Children’s Hospital referrals for orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery
To refer patients for outpatient services, please use our Outpatient Referral Form [PDF].
Admit a patient
To request a transport or have a patient admitted to our hospital, please call our 24-hour admission line at 888-631-2452.