Global Health Program
- Learn more about the Global Health Program
- Global Health Program: Program Development
- Global Health Program: Education
- Global Health Program: Telehealth
- Lopez Family Foundation International Telemedicine Program
- Resources for International Patients
The Global Health Program at Children's Hospital Los Angeles provides premiere consultation and care for children with complex pediatric conditions around the world.
Our staff is aware of the challenges in travelling abroad for medical services, so we provide concierge services designed to make the healthcare experience as comfortable, convenient and efficient as possible to international patients.
We will help your family:
- Find information on the services, programs and physicians at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Schedule appointment with the right physician to care for your medical needs
- Obtain treatment plan with estimated medical costs
- Complete the medical documents required for immigration
- Obtain interpretation services for basic medical documents created while your child is in our hospital for care
- Receive transportation, housing and other services support
- Obtain information on popular places to visit in Los Angeles
CHLA has been named the best children’s hospital in California and is ranked in the top 10 in the nation for clinical excellence by the prestigious U.S. News & World Report for four years in a row.
Our physicians are recognized in providing outstanding care in all pediatric specialties. Children’s hospital was ranked highly in all 10 categories of clinical expertise with Cardiology and Heart Surgery ranked 3rd in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
Steps for Care
Please review the referral process to understand what is needed to obtain an appointment for evaluation or care at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- Intake Form - Provide a completed international patient intake form for the Global Health Program.
- Medical Records - You will be asked to submit a complete package of your child’s medical records (with all portions of the record translated into English).
- Medical Team Evaluation - Once our physicians have reviewed your child's records, the medical team will determine if they will be able to provide care for your child.
- Cost Estimate - Based on the proposed evaluation and treatment recommendations, our hospital will provide a cost estimate for the anticipated services.
- Payment Coordination - To secure an appointment with our physicians, you will be asked to make a deposit for your upcoming visit. We accept wire transfers, credit cards and international medical insurance.
- Scheduling an Appointment - After we have received the deposit, our team will work with the family and our medical clinics to schedule an appointment for evaluation or care. A letter of appointment will be issued to the family.