From Discovery to Pediatric Care Innovation
To transform knowledge gleaned from today’s clinical care into new and innovative approaches to care for tomorrow.
Why is discovery and innovation important to pediatric medicine?
Pediatric care models must be designed with patients at the center, encompassing their families and the communities in which they live. Using our successful clinical and research partnerships to design and test community-based interventions, our investigators can lead the way in developing targeted therapeutics and innovative approaches to the delivery of care that will have a broad impact on the lives of children.
How we are implementing discovery and innovation
The Saban Research Institute of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is focused on unlocking the promise of discovery and innovation by:
- Enhancing patient- and family-centered care
- Training the pediatric care providers of the future
- Creating models of care for diseases that have high morbidity and mortality
- Providing culturally matched, evidence-based practices and shared decision making
- Developing approaches that bridge the continuum of care
- Delivering cost-effective health care
Over time, our investigators will advance pediatric medicine and create healthier futures for children by:
5 to 10 years:
- Creating effective models of care for diverse, underserved populations
- Directing resources to help children achieve greater success in early life through enhanced health and readiness to learn
- Becoming the partner of choice for California Children’s Services (CCS) and Medicaid in designing care models of the future
- Becoming a hub for biotech and pediatric medical device companies seeking to develop innovative technologies for pediatric care
10 years and beyond:
- Creating care models for treating diverse populations and high-acuity patients
- Improving outcomes for patients with high morbidity, high mortality, and chronic health conditions.
- Reducing health disparities
- Supporting the creation of a healthier workforce to contribute to the U.S. economy
- Reversing the downward trends in U.S. life expectancy