Virtual Car Seat Classes (English/Spanish) - Occurs Twice per Month
This is a 2-hour class taught by Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians, in which caregivers are educated on current California laws, installation and usage of car seats. Participants will join virtual class through WebEx app on their phone/computer with camera access. Attendees must keep camera on throughout the entire class (instructor will keep tab). If caregiver or child is on public assistance, they will receive one car seat per family (will need to know age and exact weight of child to receive appropriate seat). Caregivers can only participate in the class once. Participants will complete Pre-and-Post Class Questionnaires and Evaluations through SurveyMonkey emails. These are required prior to scheduling free car seat pick-up. Pick-up will be scheduled after completion of the class and will be contact-free.
This virtual class occurs twice a month. Please Call to register for the next one:
For English, call 323-361-4711
For Spanish, call 323-361-7157
This class will not provide a court letter for those receiving a child passenger safety-related ticket. For assistance with the violator’s course, please contact Passenger Safety Services at: 562-696-0208
- To qualify for a free car seat, parents or caregivers must provide public assistance number upon registering (WIC, EBT, Medical, Calfresh, etc).
- One car seat will be provided per qualified family.
- Classes are held in Spanish and English.
- Virtual Classroom locks out occurs five minutes after class begins, no exceptions.
- Only parents and legal caregivers qualify to attend our classes.
- No repeat attendees.
- Expecting mothers must wait until they are eight months pregnant before attending this class.
Call to register for the next class. Pre-Questionnaire will be sent via SurveyMonkey email. Once completed, you will receive confirmation and instructions on how to download/access WebEx (phone or computer). After class, you will once again receive 2 questionnaires through SurveyMonkey email. Upon completion, you will receive notification to schedule contact-free car seat pick up.