Virtual Car Seat Classes (English/Spanish) - Occurs Twice per Month
This is a 2-hour class taught by Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians, in which caregivers are educated on current California laws, installation and usage of car seats. Participants will join virtual class through WebEx app on their phone/computer with camera access. Attendees must keep camera on throughout the entire class (instructor will keep tab). If caregiver or child is on public assistance, they will receive one car seat per family (will need to know age and exact weight of child to receive appropriate seat). Pick-up will be scheduled after completion of the class and will be contact-free.
This virtual class occurs twice a month. Please Call to register for the next one:
For English, call 323-361-4711
For Spanish, call 323-361-7157
THIS IS NOT A COURT-MANDATED CLASS. We will NOT provide a court letter for those receiving a child passenger safety-related ticket. For assistance with the violator’s course, please contact Passenger Safety Services at: 562-696-0208
- Upon calling, must provide email
- To qualify for a free car seat, caregiver must provide public assistance number upon registering (WIC, EBT, Medical, Calfresh, Unemployment, etc).
- One car seat will be provided per qualified family.
- Only parents and legal caregivers qualify to attend our classes.
- No repeat attendees.
- Expecting mothers must wait until they are eight months pregnant before attending this class.
- Call to register for the next class.
- We will email you Pre-Survey link – complete 10 questions asap
- Download WebEx app onto your phone, tablet or computer – any device with camera and microphone access [NO NEED TO MAKE A WEBEX ACCOUNT]
- 2 days prior to class, we will email you WebEx link to log into class – if you completed the pre-survey
- Day/Time of the class: click link to enter class and turn on camera
- Car Seat pick up will be scheduled post-class upon completion of required documents