Car Seat Class at CHLA 2/5/2020
Spanish 2-4pm/English 4-6pm
This is a 2-hour class taught by Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians, in which caregivers are educated on current California laws, installation and usage of car seats. Participants will view a presentation and practice the installation of their given seat prior to completing the class. If caregiver or child is on public assistance and proof is provided the day of class, they will receive one car seat per family (must register prior to class, will need to know age and exact weight of child to receive appropriate seat). Caregivers can only participate in the class once and no children are allowed in the class. If parents require additional seats, please contact us (323-361-4697) to provide information on other car seat distribution programs in the Los Angeles County. This class will not provide a court letter for those receiving a child passenger safety-related ticket. For assistance with the violator’s course, please contact Passenger Safety Services at: 562-696-0208.
This class occurs every other Wednesday.
- To qualify for a free car seat, parents or caregivers must show proof of public assistance on the day of class (WIC, EBT, Medical, Calfresh, etc).
- One car seat will be provided per qualified family.
- Classes are held in Spanish and English.
- Children are not allowed to attend the class.
- Lock out occurs five minutes after class begins, no exceptions.
- Only parents and legal caregivers qualify to attend our classes.
- No repeat attendees.
- Expecting mothers must wait until they are eight months pregnant before attending this class.
Once registered, please arrive 15-20 minutes early and check in with the front desk. They will have a list of participants and someone from our team will lead the parents to the auditorium. Late admittance to the class is not permitted and you will have to reschedule.
Parking is not validated and can cost $7-$10.