Single Cell, Sequencing and CyTOF (SC2) Core
The SC2 Core aims to promote and enable high-impact basic and translational research by establishing novel and evolving technologies and instrumentation for investigators at CHLA and USC. Led by Shahab Asgharzadeh and Jeffrey Bender and managed by Long Hung, the Core provides resources to conduct leading-edge discovery or biomarker projects—with a focus on rapid, accurate, reproducible services, along with bioinformatics support.
Technologies include single cell sequencing, single cell mass cytometry (CyTOF), image mass cytometry (IMC), microbiome sequencing and a variety of next-generation sequencing platforms. The Core:
- Has developed complete pipelines for both the CyTOF and IMC platforms (using the Fluidigm Helios/Hyperion system), enabling multi-parameter analysis of cells in suspension or on tissue slides
- Utilizes the 10x Genomics Chromium platform to provide the entire range of single cell sequencing services, including Visium Spatial Gene Expression technology.
- Provides massive parallel sequencing on Illumina platforms, from the smaller output of the MiSeq to the larger-scale HiSeq and NovaSeq
- Helps design correlative studies in clinical trials and assists with specimen processing for supported technologies
- Offers expert bioinformatics support and comprehensive analyses, from study design to publication
Our highly trained and experienced staff consists of three PhD scientists, two laboratory technicians and a dedicated computational biologist with extensive training in high-dimensional data, including RNA seq analysis, metagenomics analysis, and CyTOF and IMC analyses.
For more information or to discuss experiment options, please contact SC2Core@chla.usc.edu.