CELEBRITY AND INDUSTRY PARTNERS
At Children's Hospital Los Angeles, we know that laughter is the best medicine to lift a patient's spirit. Hospital stays can be a stressful time for both the child and their family. Our physicians, nurses, social workers and therapy staff work hard to heal our patients, but special guests can create a truly memorable experience for kids when they need it most.
As a premier children’s hospital serving the greater Los Angeles community and beyond for more than 110 years, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has enjoyed continued support from our neighbors in Hollywood. Through special visits, events, gifts, readings and more, laughter and smiles are regularly delivered to our patients by some of the biggest stars in film, TV, sports and music. Contact us to learn how to get involved.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
We welcome celebrity guests for special visits with our patients at the bedside or in our playrooms. There are also opportunities to participate in hospital-hosted events in our healing garden or playground areas, or work with our team to bring your own unique brand of fun to our hospital.
- Hospital visitor regulations
- We request two weeks notice for all visits (some exceptions may apply)
- Groups will be limited to no more than eight people (some exceptions may apply)
- No visitors under the age of 12
- Media and other documentation of visits are subject to approval
- All interaction with patients at the hospital is considered confidential unless written parental permission is provided (HIPAA)
- Gifts for patients must be approved and pass infection control. See approved toys list
Program Specific Support
Because a patient's #1 job is to be a kid, Children's Hospital Los Angeles offers many innovative programs and services that help them do just that. There are many areas that need support, including:
We’re social! Join the conversation by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube and our blog, WeTreatKidsBetter.org. Here are examples of how we use social and traditional media to syndicate celebrity news while bringing attention to our programs and highlighting the importance of giving back:
Events and Fundraisers
Children's Hospital Los Angeles hosts some of the most outstanding events around town. From high profile galas to triathlons, there is an event for everyone. Opportunities to attend, host, MC, speak or present awards may be available for the following:
Some of our supporters have held their own personal events to help benefit hospital programs and departments. We will work with our special guests to arrange all logistics, promotion, media coverage and more.
PSAs, Marketing, Advertising and Fundraising Campaigns
Celebrity voice is a powerful way to deliver our message to the community. Some ways Hollywood can support the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles mission includes:
Want a "Spotlight" on our Wall of Fame? As you walk along the hallway entering the Marion and John E. Anderson Pavilion, our wall of fame rotates colors with your name displayed in the middle. A minimum donation and support level is committed and can be discussed with a Foundation representative.
Click here for more information about giving.
In Kind Donations
Kids love surprises, which is why we have a toy vault! But because we hand out more than 75,000 toys every year, we are in constant need of new, approved toys and other items for a wide range of ages and interests. Our special visitors are also welcome to bring their own memorabilia, collectables and other gifts. Items permitted include:
- Sports equipment (balls, bats, gloves, etc.)
- Hats and apparel
- Beauty products (must pass physician approval first)
Third Party Visits
We work with many outside companies and organizations that bring special experiences to our patients, including:
- Lollipop Theater - organizes kid-friendly movie screenings
- The Art of Elysium - provides artistic workshops for our patients
- Get Well Soon Tour – brings in musicians to provide special performances for patients
- TrueHeart Events – coordinates holiday-specific parties for outpatients
- Animators from local movie and TV studios for creative art workshops with patients.